It can be extremely daunting for a first time home seller to cope with the stress that comes with selling a property. While you want to sell quickly, you also want the top dollar for your home. Here are seven things you need to keep in mind when selling a home for the first time.
· Choose a real estate agent wisely. Your agent should be an experienced professional, without being too expensive. Here at Federated Realty, we have come up with a revolutionary concept of charging a fixed amount of $1,000, no matter how much your home is sold for.
· Price your home correctly. You should hire a real estate agent who can perform a comparative market analysis (CMA) and come up with the right asking price.
· Stage your home for sale. Minor cosmetic changes can add value and help you sell faster. Declutter the property. Most homes show better with about half of the furniture removed.
· Don’t fall for useless marketing tricks like organizing an open house. Most buyers today look for properties online. Don’t miss out on this opportunity.
· Hire a pro for professional photography. It’s not enough to just get the angle right in the photo, the most popular photos are rich in color and depth, and they entice.
· Evaluate offers quickly, but thoroughly. Try to respond promptly to a purchase offer. Many offers contain a date by which the offer expires. Don’t fall for the first offer, but don’t make buyers wait too much either.
· Plan how you will move after selling your home ahead of time. Line up your movers early. You can start packing before your home hits the market, which will give you a head start on the process.
So these are the tips which will help you avoid the most common pitfalls when you sell your home.